[Sfd] Townsville Install Fest Report

alastair horne althepcman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 22:19:32 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Here is a report of our install fest.
The installfest went ahead as planned on Software Freedom Day, 10th
September 2005.

All the TLUGgers had a good time, and I think the guests enjoyed the
show as well. The presentations were great and everyone was keen to
listen in and ask questions - well done to all the presenters!

We had about 20-30 people at peak times, and did perhaps a dozen
installs, on machines ranging from 10-year old laptops up to shiny new
boxes. Surprisingly the live demonstrations didn't attract much
attention, not even the games demo.

Sorry we had no happy snaps for the day, I do not have a digital
camera and I forgot to ask someone else.

regards
alastair horne
TLUG Install Fest Organizer