[Sfd] Patent-encumbered codecs

Matthew Davidson mjd at almatech.net.au
Tue Sep 6 11:20:26 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Does anybody have authoritative knowledge on the legality of
distributing patent-encumbered multimedia codecs in Australia?  I'm
reasonably certain the AUSFTA is putting an end to this, but has the
legislation actually gone through yet?  I'm distributing some Creative
Commons licensed video on Saturday, precious little of which is in Ogg
Theora format, and would like to legally distribute a player with it.

Matthew.

--
Alma Technology
http://www.almatech.net.au