[Sfd] Insurance coverage - last call! Media and giveaways

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Wed Aug 31 11:16:36 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'll be submitting the insurance application for the SFD activities
tomorrow. I have Sydney, Adelaide, Townsville, Bundaberg and Hobart on my
list. If there is anyone else that needs public liability insurance for the
day, please let me know asap with a list of the following:

Number of volunteers:
Activities:
Dates:
Location:
Liability required:

LA have a $10mil policy, so it should cover most requirements.

Also, I've been informed that WIN are usually very keen to cover local
events, so contact your local WIN branch (they are all over Australia!) at
http://www.winnet.com.au/winnet/news.asp, just click on your state to see
what is local to you.

I _strongly_ urge you all to invite a journo or two from your area to your
event to get on the day coverage and to also improve our relations
nationally with journos for FOSS.

I have got some of the CDs I ordered, but I have a load more coming to cover
our teams that missed out. I'll be organising some to be sent to the
following teams. If you need something and are not there, please let me know:

Adelaide
Canberra
Bundaberg
Brisbane