[Sfd] Software Freedom Day Press Release

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Fri Aug 12 06:28:32 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've created this mailing list for sfd coordination and national stuff like
press releases so we can all be on message and get the most out of the day
and out of the media machine :) We have about 18 people on the list thus
far, including the activities mailing list for slug.

I'm looking at spamming national media houses in the next day or two (a
little late for magazines, but next year..) and Linux Australia will
probably spend some money on some ads in the SMH and other mainstream media
on the day. I ask that you all get the sfd wiki page for Australian teams up
to date as we'll reference the page in the press release for people to check
out what is happening close to them. I'll post the press release here this
afternoon.

If any of you know anyone that should be on this list, please get them to
join at lists.linux.org.au/listinfo/sfd/. I've made it subscriber post only
to avoid spam.

Cheers,
Pia

--
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                "Women hold up half the sky." - Mao Tse Tung