[PyCon-AU-chat] PyCon AU Sprints - Stuff to do! (As mentioned in Lightning Talks)

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Sun Jul 7 15:31:20 EST 2013

My presentation from the lightning talks on Saturday can be found at
http://goo.gl/3E1kR

*Even if you're not a coder, I'd really love your help!* There are plenty
of things which don't require coding.

If anyone has experience doing CAD or mechanical 3d modeling I need help
converting a bunch of measurements into a sheet metal box for our prototype
board.

I also really, really, really need help from graphical designers.
Everything I design looks pretty ugly. If someone actually creates a design
I *promise* that I'll apply it to the code.

TimVideos.us

*
HDMI2USB Hardware Project (mostly not Python - but Open Hardware!)*

   - CAD design of box of prototype board. Blender, FreeCad, qCad, anything?

      - Xilinx build scripts. Currently we use the horrible ISE tools GUI
      to build the firmware. I've love to have a "make firmware" target which
      gives you the needed tools.

      - Git history archaeology and rectification. Our hardware firmware
      developer doesn't really *use* git and Xilinx WebPack produces a horrible
      generated files everywhere. We'd like to go back and make a useful git
      history out of what was actually committed.

      - Porting Cypress USB chip firmware to Open Source toolchain from
      default proprietary toolchain.

      - Any other open issue at
          https://github.com/timvideos/hdmi2usb/issues?state=open

*Streaming Website (almost all Python)*

   - Website graphical and UI design rework.

      - Creating a better irc interface than mIRC on Freenode. mIRC is nice
      but it doesn't really integrate with the site very well. Everytime you
      change page you have to re-login for example.

      - Upgrade to latest jwplayer (We are still on jwplayer5 but jwplayer6
      is the latest version).

      - Create a Mobile UI (needs the jwplayer6 upgrade).

      - Auto-reconnect on video playing failure. Currently we just show an
      error message.

      - Any other open issue at
         https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/issues?state=open

timsfinance

   - Creation of a graphical UI. Currently I just use the Django Admin
   interface. Would be really nice to get some graphs too!

   - Selenium based bank importers; two currently exist and need to be
   converted to the latest base importer;

   - Commonwealth Bank
      - People's Choice Credit Union

I'd love to support as many banks as I can.

Some tips from last year's lightning talks -
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNobTNnJeFE#t=16m40s

   - Finding and creation of pathological inputs so they can be converted
   to test cases.

   - Open some bugs and features request at
          https://github.com/mithro/timsfinance/issues

Zookeepr

   - Merge Michael's wonderful mobile UI at http://pyconau.micolous.id.au/

   - Merge Mary's Super Review greasemonkey scripts
   https://github.com/puzzlement/LCA-reviewing-userscripts

   - Make the Zookeepr JSON output match the newer PyConUS format. See the
   various issues at
      -
      https://github.com/zookeepr/zookeepr/issues/created_by/carlfk?state=open
      -
      https://github.com/zookeepr/zookeepr/issues/created_by/micolous?state=open

      - Any other open issue at
   https://github.com/zookeepr/zookeepr/issues?state=open

Looking forward to see you at the sprints!

-Tim