[PyCon-AU-chat] sprints - Python core crypto improvements

Daniel Black daniel.black at ingenious.com.au
Sat Aug 18 09:17:17 EST 2012

I thought I'd say what I'm trying to do in this sprint:

1. A topic related sprint - Python Crypto

The aim is to add lots of small improvements to python core libs.

http://bugs.python.org/issue10852 - SNI for core libraries
http://bugs.python.org/issue8109 - SNI for server side (potentially
port something from
http://packages.python.org/pyOpenSSL/openssl-context.html )

Add OCSP to the SSL client side

Add OCSP stapling to the server side SSL libraries

Add OCSP stapling recognission to the client SSL client side.

TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in the python SSL if supported by OpenSSL

Add a pypi package for http://convergence.io/involved.html (client side)

If this is something your are interested come along. I'll be probably
around Nick with his CPython sprint since I suspect there's some
overlap.

--
Daniel Black