[PyCon AU announce] Saturday Keynote: Samantha Floreani presents Digital Rights/Digital Wrongs: Tech Policy and Human Rights in Australia

PyCon AU contact at pycon.org.au
Mon Jul 31 12:58:54 AEST 2023

Hi folks,     We're excited to announce our Saturday keynote: Samantha Floreani will present Digital Rights/Digital Wrongs: Tech Policy and Human Rights in Australia!     Samantha Floreani is a digital rights activist and writer based in Naarm (Melbourne). They are currently the Program Lead at Digital Rights Watch where they advocate for a liberatory digital future in which everyone can thrive. They're going to take us on a TL;DR tour of the tug-of-war between the Big Tech drive towards innovation and profit and policymakers' sometimes reactionary and incoherent scramble for regulation.     If you haven't got your ticket to attend PyCon AU yet, you can get it at https://pycon.org.au/attend/!     Looking forward to seeing you in Tarntanya/Adelaide,     Daisy, Lilly, Libby, Maia, Matt, Nic, Russell, and Yaakov  Your PyCon AU team