[PyCon-AU-announce] Seeking event volunteers to make PyConline shine

Katie McLaughlin katie at glasnt.com
Wed May 19 18:58:01 AEST 2021

Hello Python friends!

As we start thinking ahead to our on the day event logistics, PyConline is
actively seeking volunteers for the following roles: Green Room Tech
Checker, and Show Producer.

If you are interested in either of these roles, please get in touch at
contact at pycon.org.au

Please note that these roles are timezone dependent, and require someone
who can work within the UTC+10 (Australia/Melbourne) timezone.
Green Room Tech CheckerAvailability: from mid-July 2021, through event date.

Making sure our speakers look and sound good.

   -

   Ideally AV savvy, but some training can be provided.
   -

   Work presenters through a supplied AV checklist.
   -

   Answer any non-AV questions about the event.

Show ProducerAvailability: immediate, through event date.

The Producer ultimately makes sure the show goes on. The Producer ensures
that the program selected and scheduled by the Program Chair actually
happens!

Extensive support and mentorship will be provided for our show producer.
We're asking a producer to be part of our core team early, so that they
have experience of the inner workings prior to the conference event/stream.

This role is part of the core organiser team and should be available for
weekly coordination syncs with the core team, and asynchronously by the
organiser discord.

   -

   Responsible for run-lists, user moderation of backstage.
   -

   Point of contact and volunteer wrangler for session hosts and speaker
   wranglers.
   -

   Keep session hosts and wranglers organised, make sure session hosts have
   introductions for each presenter, etc
   -

   Make ultimate decisions about show content on the day of the event.

P.S. our CFP is still open! 2021.pycon.org.au/speak

Thanks for your time, and see you online!

Katie McLaughlin
Communications Director
PyConline 2021