[PyCon-AU-announce] Financial assistance applications are now open

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 22:59:56 AEST 2017

PyCon Australia offers a generous financial assistance programme, so that
some attendees and speakers have some -- or in rare cases, all -- of their
expenses such as flight, hotel and admission provided to them from the
conference budget.

We strongly encourages people to apply for financial assistance -- even if
we can’t cover all of your expenses, we will give you free or discounted
admission based on need.

Essentially, the financial assistance programme is the PyCon Outreach
programme -- it's the community holding up the community and making itself
accessible at this major event through these financial grants. It is the
very spirit of the conference: make the information, knowledge, friendships
and connection available to everyone.

The generous contribution of the Python Software Foundation has helped us
in offering this programme. Financial assistance is core to the mission of
the PSF -- The mission of the Python Software Foundation is to promote,
protect, and advance the Python programming language, and to support and
facilitate the growth of a diverse and international community of Python
programmers.

Applications close on Friday 30 June 2017 and you will receive a response
by 4 July. However applications will be approved progressively so please
apply early and your application may be approved early.

For details about what can be covered and a link to the application form,
make your way to https://pycon-au.org/about/fin_assist/ !

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsor, WSP Digital, and other
sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.