[PyCon-AU-announce] Tickets are now on sale!

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 17:42:22 AEST 2017

 We are delighted to announce that online registration is now open for
PyCon Australia 2017. The eighth PyCon Australia is being held in
Melbourne, Victoria from August 3rd - 8th at the Melbourne Convention and
Exhibition Centre, and will draw hundreds of Python developers, enthusiasts
and students from Australasia and afar.

Starting today, early bird offers are up for grabs. To take advantage of
these discounted ticket rates, be among the first to register. Early bird
registration starts from $60 for full-time students, $250 for enthusiasts
and $495 for professionals. Offers this good won’t last long, so we
recommend registering right away. Last year early birds sold out in under
48 hours!

Tutorials are also expected to be a strong seller, so if your company is
sending 3+ people, please look into our corporate concierge service and get
in touch ASAP. (
https://pycon-au.org/news/corporate-concierge-ticket-service-now-open/ )

We strongly encourage attendees to organise their accommodation as early as
possible, as demand for cheaper rooms is very strong during the AFL season.

PyCon Australia has endeavoured to keep tickets as affordable as possible.
Financial assistance is also available (applications opening very soon). We
are able to make such offers thanks to our Sponsors and Contributors.

To begin the registration process, and find out more about each level of
ticket, visit https://pycon-au.org/attend

To jump straight to the order form, visit
https://pycon-au.org/tickets/register

Important dates:

   - 9 June: Registration opens - Limited numbers of ‘early bird’ prices
   available
   - Some time very soon: financial assistance applications open
   - 30 June: Last day to apply for financial assistance
   - 3 July: Last day to order conference t-shirts
   - 3 August: PyCon Australia 2017 begins!

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsor, WSP Digital, and other
sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.