[PyCon-AU-announce] Welcoming WSP Digital, our first Platinum Sponsor!

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 08:23:06 AEST 2017

The PyCon Australia team is sending out a warm welcome to *WSP Digital
<http://www.wspdigital.com/>* as the first Platinum sponsor for 2017.
☺️🌟🍰🎉

WSP Digital had this to say:

*WSP Digital is the software engineering division of WSP, a publicly listed
global consulting engineering company with over 40,000 employees in more
than 50 countries. We work with WSP’s other engineering disciplines and
directly with customers to deliver custom web and mobile applications,
systems integration and IoT implementations.*

*Python has been their language of choice for over 6 years - in that time
we've deployed Python code for clients including VicRoads, Qantas, Myer,
Coles, Telstra, BOC, State and Federal Government departments and many
others. We have active projects using Django, Twisted, Celery, Channels,
Pandas and many other open source tools from the Python community, so we’re
very happy to have this opportunity to make a small contribution in return.*

*Our Melbourne office employs 35 software engineers, business analysts,
test engineers and project managers, including a number of interns and
graduates. We take great pride in providing an environment that encourages
software engineering excellence through collaboration, informed debate and
learning - we believe that our commercial success is directly related to
the quality of what we produce and the talent and commitment of our team.*

It's wonderful to see a business materially recognise the huge benefit they
gain from tools made freely available by the Python open source community.
Open source tools allow us all to skip most of the infra and get straight
to building the functionality which actually make money for the business!

There are several elite sponsorship opportunities available which we are
excited to share with the right companies. Could one of them be you? If so
check out our sponsorship prospectus <https://pycon-au.org/sponsorship.pdf>
(pdf). Both elite and standard sponsorships offer on-stage, on-video and
hallway banners as well as complimentary professional-level tickets. For
any enquiries or questions, we're at sponsorship at pycon-org.au
<sponsorship at pycon-au.org>.

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsor, WSP Digital, and other
sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.