[PyCon-AU-announce] Announcing keynote speaker Pip Cleaves

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:05:38 AEST 2017

The PyCon Australia team is happy to announce that our second keynote
speaker for 2017 is Pip Cleaves!
Pip Cleaves is the National Education Manager for Code Club Australia, a
not for profit organisation that has supported the development of over
18,000 clubs and 65,000 students to code every week. She also works as a
Sessional Lecturer in the Education and Arts Faculty at The Australian
Catholic University.

She has worked extensively within the education industry nationally and
globally, and in education technology since 2005. She also runs a small
business to provide professional learning to educators around technology.

“I’ve had a keen interest in how to empower kids with computers that are
becoming more and more sealed off from them. This year PyCon Australia is
hosting the Python in Education Seminar for the third time, to build
bridges between the Python community and educators. I’m looking forward to
hearing about how Code Club Australia is introducing kids to the joys of
programming and tinkering. I’m also interested to find out how the
Australian Digital Technologies Curriculum is progressing,” said Richard
Jones, conference chair.

We can't wait to hear Pip's keynote address and discover what works to
#getkidscoding. Will you join us?

Registrations for PyCon Australia 2017 are still open and tickets are
two-thirds sold. Book your conference ticket today!
https://pycon-au.org/attend/

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsors, WSP Digital and IRESS,
and other sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.