[PyCon-AU-announce] Call for A/V Volunteers

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 16:55:50 AEST 2017

Gain a new perspective on PyCon Australia 2017, working behind the scenes
to make the event happen. The team behind PyCon Australia is an all
volunteer team and we need your help to make the show run as smoothly as
possible, so we’re now calling for on the ground volunteers to complete the
team.

We aim to recruit volunteers to assist us with the following:

A/V staff - Run our video recording system (complete training provided).
This is a full-time position and not suitable for attendees. It comes with
a free pass to the conference.

Session Chairing - These roles will be sorted out in the near future, so
stay tuned for a later announcement.

Registration / Badge check / Childcare runners - We currently have enough
volunteers to fulfil these roles, thank you!

Volunteers will be provided with a free t-shirt (not guaranteed - subject
to availability) and full-time volunteers' food and drink requirements will
be looked after. This is a great opportunity to experience a Python
conference first-hand and to connect with like-minded Python enthusiasts.

There will be training sessions for volunteers as follows:

- A/V volunteers - 4pm Thursday 3rd August, at MCEC
- Non A/V volunteers - 6pm Thursday 3rd August, at MCEC

To sign up as an A/V volunteer, iust e-mail us! contact at pycon-au.org

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsors, WSP Digital and IRESS,
and other sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.