[PyCon-AU-announce] Sprints update - venue, MicroPython

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 16:54:04 AEST 2017

We are happy to announce that the venue for the Monday and Tuesday sprints
is now confirmed - it will be the Pavilion at the Arts Centre. See the
Venue page for details on location, transport and more.
https://pycon-au.org/about/venue/

Additionally, Nick Moore and Damien George will be hosting a sprint for
MicroPython / ESP32 during the PyCon Australia sprints. This is a great
opportunity to get hands-on with some hardware and a healthy dose of Python!

Check out Nick Moore's post about the sprint for more details:
http://nick.zoic.org/art/micropython-sprints-pyconau/

Registration for PyCon Australia is required to attend the sprints. Places
for Monday sprints are almost sold out so be sure to register ASAP!
http://pycon-au.org/attend/

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The eighth PyCon Australia will be held on August 3-8 2017 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2017, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau or e-mail us at
contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsors, WSP Digital and IRESS,
and other sponsors. For full details of our sponsors, see our website.