[PyCon-AU-announce] Call for Proposals: one week to go!

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun May 1 18:26:30 AEST 2016

Hello friendly PyConistas,

The PyCon Australia CFP is down to its last week! This includes the CFP for
our one-day special events: DjangoConAU, Python in Education seminar, Data
& Science miniconf and the Internet of Things miniconf.

Make sure you register and get your talk/tutorial ideas down as soon as
possible. Submissions can be edited up until the deadline.

https://2016.pycon-au.org/programme/call_for_proposals

Applications for financial assistance are also open, and we strongly
encourage potential speakers to apply if needed. We can cover not only
conference registration and travel/accommodation costs, but also substitute
teacher costs, childcare, carer costs and other costs related to equity of
access.

https://2016.pycon-au.org/about/financial_assistance

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The seventh PyCon Australia will be held on August 12-16 2016 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2016, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau <https://twitter.com/pyconau> or
e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsors, DevDemand.co and IRESS;
and our Gold sponsors, Google Australia and Optiver. For full details of
our sponsors, see our website.