[PyCon-AU-announce] Invited speaker announcement: Solange Cunin

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:15:57 AEST 2016

The PyCon Australia 2016 team is over the moon to announce that our invited
dinner speaker will be Solange Cunin.

A passionate advocate with a mission to drive student engagement with
science and technology, Solange Cunin is the founder and CEO of Australian
startup Quberider. Soon to graduate from the University of New South Wales
with a Bachelors in Mathematics and Aerospace Engineering, Solange already
boasts both space industry and startup experience and has designed
satellite systems for major Australian universities. In a few months
Quberider will be delivering experiments designed in Australian classrooms
to the International Space Station, in an Australian first.

”Like Solange, we are passionate about engaging students with science and
technology, and it’s hard to imagine a better way to exercise the grey
matter than by exploring dark matter,” said Richard Jones, conference
chair. “The success of the Python in Education miniconf at PyCon Australia
shows that there is a lot of gravity attracting developers and educators in
joining forces, and Quberider is a rising star in the constellation of new
space startups.”

We can’t wait to hear Solange’s talk and find out how Quberider is using
Python to inspire interest at the intersection of science and space. Will
you join us at the launchpad?

Registrations for PyCon Australia 2016 are already open and tickets are
selling fast. Don’t let the conference eclipse you - book your ticket
today! https://2016.pycon-au.org/register/prices

=== About PyCon Australia ===

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python programming
community. The seventh PyCon Australia will be held on August 12-16 2016 in
Melbourne, bringing together professional, student and enthusiast
developers with a love for programming in Python. PyCon Australia informs
the country’s developers with presentations by experts and core developers
of Python, as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2016, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org, follow us at @pyconau <https://twitter.com/pyconau> or
e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum Sponsors, DevDemand.co and IRESS;
and our Gold sponsors, Google Australia and Optiver. For full details of
our sponsors, see our website.