[PyCon-AU-announce] Announcing PyCon Australia 2013 – July 5–7, Hobart, Tasmania

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:45:16 EST 2013

Announcing PyCon Australia 2013 – July 5–7, Hobart, Tasmania

== Connecting the Australian Python Community ==

PyCon Australia is the national conference for users of the Python
Programming Language. In July 2013, we're returning to Hobart,
bringing together students, enthusiasts, and professionals with a love
of Python from around Australia, and from all over the World.

Once again, we'll have a weekend packed full of amazing content on all
aspects of the Python ecosystem, presented by experts and core
developers of the tools and frameworks you use every day.

We're excited about the return of Friday Night CodeWars, and of
course, we've got the usual conference dinner, as well as two days of
developer sprints following the conference proceedings.

We can't wait to share more about the conference in the coming months.
Until then, subscribe to our announcement list, follow us on twitter,
or add yourself to our Lanyrd page.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/pyconau
Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2013/pycon-au/

=== Now with three days of talks! ===

In 2013, before the main event kicks off, we're welcoming two new
mini-conferences on the Friday 5 July.

DjangoCon AU is Australia's first national gathering for developers
using the Django Web Framework. Presented by the Django Software
Foundation, this mini-conference will feature a day of Django-specific
talks and tutorials to support the growing community of Australian
Django Developers.

The Python on OpenStack day is a day of in-depth talks and tutorials
covering the OpenStack cloud platform – one of the most important
growing Open Source Python projects – for Python developers.

=== Help shape our programme ===

Every year, we strive to bring the best of Python from around
Australia to the one place, but we can always use some help to find
the Python topics that you want to see at PyCon Australia.

If there's a topic that you really want to see at PyCon Australia, or
there's a speaker who you think we really need to have on our
programme, then head over to our topic or speaker suggestion form, and
let us know all about it!

Submit a speaker or topic suggestion: http://tinyurl.com/pyconau2013-suggestions

=== Dates & Venue ===

We'll be opening our Call for Proposals in late February, and we'll be
closing it in early April.

Early Bird registration will open towards the end of March, and will
run through April. Registration will remain open until close to the
conference opening.

The conference will be held in July, where we're moving into a bigger,
better venue at the Wrest Point Convention Centre in Hobart. The
Miniconfs will be held on Friday 5 July, the conference proceedings
are on Saturday 6 & Sunday 7 July, and the post-conference sprints
will be on Monday 8 & Tuesday 9 July.

To keep track of our announcements, sign up to our (low-traffic)
announcements mailing list –
http://lists.linux.org.au/listinfo/pycon-au-announce

== About PyCon Australia ==

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
Community. The fourth PyCon Australia will be held on July 5–7, 2013
in Hobart, Tasmania, bringing together professional, student and
enthusiast developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon
Australia informs the country’s Python developers with presentations,
tutorials and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python,
as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2013, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org or e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum sponsor: Australian Computer
Society (Tasmanian Branch) (www.acs.org.au); and our Gold Sponsor,
Google Australia (www.google.com.au). For full details of our
sponsors, see our website.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer
Conference Coordinator and Sponsor Liaison

PyCon Australia: Hobart 2013 -- http://pycon-au.org -- @pyconau
5–7 July 2013 -- Connecting the Australian Python Community with the world.

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
WWW: http://chris.neugebauer.id.au -- Twitter/Identi.ca: @chrisjrn