[PyCon-AU-announce] PyCon Australia 2013 Call for Proposals closes this Friday!

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 11:18:46 EST 2013

This week marks your last opportunity to submit proposals to present
at PyCon Australia 2013, the national conference for the Python
programming community, to be held on July 6 and 7 in Hobart, Tasmania.

The deadline for proposal submission is Friday April 5, 2013, and more
information can be found at http://pycon-au.org/cfp

PyCon Australia is an excellent opportunity to share experience and
knowledge with like-minded Python developers from all walks of life --
we attract professional developers from industry, government, science
and education, along with enthusiast and student developers.
Presentations can be targeted at all skill levels, on any topic
related to Python programming.

This year, we're welcoming DjangoCon AU under the PyCon Australia
umbrella, it'll run on Friday 5 July, before the main conference.
Every Django-related proposal we receive in the PyCon Australia CFP
will also be considered as part of the DjangoCon AU programme.

Our OpenStack Miniconf is running a separate CFP, and first-round
submissions close on April 9. Details can be found at the OpenStack
Miniconf CFP site (http://tinyurl.com/pyconau-2013-openstack).

If you're a first-time Python developer, don't be afraid to submit a
presentation -- we're a community-driven conference, and we have a
focus on building the next generation of Python programmers.

We can't wait to see your proposals.

== About PyCon Australia ==

PyCon Australia is the national conference for the Python Programming
Community. The fourth PyCon Australia will be held on July 5--7, 2013
in Hobart, Tasmania, bringing together professional, student and
enthusiast developers with a love for developing with Python. PyCon
Australia informs the country’s Python developers with presentations,
tutorials and panel sessions by experts and core developers of Python,
as well as the libraries and frameworks that they rely on.

To find out more about PyCon Australia 2013, visit our website at
http://pycon-au.org or e-mail us at contact at pycon-au.org.

PyCon Australia is presented by Linux Australia (www.linux.org.au) and
acknowledges the support of our Platinum sponsor: Australian Computer
Society (Tasmanian Branch) (www.acs.org.au); and our Gold Sponsor,
Google Australia (www.google.com.au). For full details of our
sponsors, see our website.

--Christopher Neugebauer
Conference Coordinator and Sponsor Liaison

PyCon Australia: Hobart 2013 -- http://pycon-au.org -- @pyconau
5–7 July 2013; CFP now open: closes 5 April -- http://pycon-au.org/cfp

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --
WWW: http://chris.neugebauer.id.au -- Twitter/Identi.ca: @chrisjrn