[PHPwestoz] MYOB ODBC error

Daniel Antonic daniel at dcnsolutions.net
Wed May 6 14:36:56 EST 2009

Hello all

I'm writting a program that will interface a customer's MYOB database file with her web site so that people can pay online, and it is all recorded in her MYOB file immediately.

MYOB Accounting V18 is running in Windows XP Pro, I have set up a System DSN, but PHP just cant see the database. I got this snippet of code from another web site:

<?php
# connect to a DSN "mydb" with a user and password

$connect = odbc_connect("test","", "");
echo $connect . "<P>";
# query the users table for name and surname
$query = "SELECT * FROM Employees";

# perform the query
$result = odbc_exec($connect, $query) or die ("cannot find table");

# fetch the data from the database
while(odbc_fetch_row($result)){
  $name = odbc_result($result, 1);
  $surname = odbc_result($result, 2);
  print("$name $surname<br>\n");
}

It fails at $result, I put in the DSN name, username and password in the odbc_connect() directive. I really need help on this, please!

Kind regards,
Daniel Antonic
Proprietor DCN Solutions

Mob: 0438 303 429