[PHPwestoz] post early, post often

Nicolas Connault nicou at sweetpeadesigns.com.au
Mon Feb 14 18:46:02 UTC 2005

Samuel Cochran wrote:

> I tend to get work through previous work - if you're keen for
> something smallish, then get into an open-source community like phpBB
> (yes, I sing it's praises again) and then offer customisations (for a
> fee).

Thanks for the advice Sam. It looks like all I can really do at the
moment is smallish stuff, having no reputation. However, I am right now
creating a complete CMS for a charity in the states: an online auction.
I wouldn't call this a smallish project, since I'm only about halfway
through and already have over 3,000 lines of code. You can get an idea
of it at http://nicolasconnault.phenominet.com
I think I stand a chance of getting some pretty good work if I can show
people what I'm capable of doing, but as you said I need a reputation
and that means starting small.

Do you have some ideas of such opensource communities? I'll do my search
online, but it is starting to dawn on me that most sites which turn up
high in search engines probably don't need help anymore :-)

Nicolas