[Media] Media List - updated, spam cleared, state of play

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sat May 11 10:58:41 AEST 2019

Hi everyone,

A courtesy note to firstly, apologise for letting the Media list get a
little out of hand with spam not being cleared, and posts not getting
approved.

Secondly, Miles Goodhew, who is on Council, is looking to re-invigorate
the Media Team. Is anyone interested in playing a greater role?

Thirdly, I think it would be useful to kick off a discussion on what the
Media Team is doing / key tasks etc. Some of the ones that come to mind
are;

- clearing spam on the list (Clinton, Miles and myself are moderators
and currently have the permissions to do this)

- looking at Linux Aus' social media strategy

- keeping the website up to date (currently this is me, but I have
limited time). This is/was my working list for the website redesign last
year, feel free to comment / add to the tasks / priorities:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C7Hn_r_SOtX62fwn4FYM8As9SIivIhRJE8YfyQcZ2Tg/edit?usp=sharing

- helping Council with communication / promotion activities

Kind regards,

Kathy Reid