No subject

Sat Apr 18 01:56:24 EST 2009

options Linux Australia is considering re offering LUGs hosting.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009, Donna Benjamin wrote:
> (20:53:55) KatteKrab: so yeah - I reckon we should post to lugcomms for a quick poll of what the situation is.
> (20:54:20) elky: there are currently two initiatives in planning stage at the
> moment. firstly a VM scheme by Linux Aus that requires some hardware
> replacement before it can get going and secondly a set and forget software
> stack. I dont know the status of the latter at all.
> (20:54:23) KatteKrab: perhaps it's a non-issue for most people, but there might be the odd detail like that.

AussieChix has a subdomain delegated from the main LinuxChix body. We already
host with Linux Australia on a virtual machine. Frankly I'd probably prefer a
set-and-forget software stack, since we have fairly basic needs. Adminning a
whole server is a time sink. Core needs are:

 - a mailing list (perhaps the option of several would be nice, long term)
 - a news/blog kind of thing (with RSS/Atom)
 - an event calendar (with iCal+RSS/Atom)

-Mary