[Lugcomms] linux.conf.au 2009 - lugcomms

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Tue Nov 11 10:26:59 EST 2008

Hey Everyone!

Well the last two meetings didn't happen - sorry about that, but
unfortunately I had other stuff on! Wasn't even in the country for one
of 'em.

And the next one, I won't be available that night either - will be at a
conference.

So.  should we change the night?
Or can someone else step up to run the meeting?

Agenda:
1. linux.conf.au F2F meeting
2. LUG meeting promotion strategies

linux.conf.au is only 2 months away now...
So - would be great if you could remind your membership it's on, get
them to register soon (especially to book accommodation, because
apparently it's already getting tight)

I'll forward an announcement to the lugcomms list that you can forward
on to your own mailing lists.  Please help spread the word!  LCA is our
conference, the Australian linux community, and is really great fun - it
would be great if you could all help promote the event! Add to the buzz.

More importantly - we should start planning our lugcomms face-to-face
the LCA social program is rather full - so we should pick a day to meet
(maybe Saturday - Open Day)  I reckon 1-2 hours should be enough, and
the main agenda item would be whether we want to organise a lug
conference 6 months later.

Other thoughts?

cheers
Donna