[Lugcomms] OpenCDs for SFD, installfests and other events

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Tue Apr 8 12:34:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 at 09:26, Donna Benjamin <donna at mel8ourne.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If we were to arrange a bulk job of Open CDs - how many would you want?
>
> The price gets cheaper and cheaper the more you do... so it might be
> worth getting a whole heap done and posting them around the country.
>
> I've got a quote for less than $0.50 per disc, pressed, printed and in a
> sleeve - but that's for 10s of 1000's.
>
> Doing them in lots of 1000 - 5000 tends to cost around $0.70
>
> - Donna

For the Education Expo, I obtained a quote from a company here in Sydney,
Media Movers. The price was $650 for 1000 discs - pressed, colour printed,
inserted into a clear plastic sleeve and delivered in the Sydney area. I
could negotiate having a printed cardboard sleeve. Delivery fees are standard
courier rates, but I think we can arrange something there as well.

They are keen to take up my suggestion of a proper business relationship,
which should make things easier for us in the future as we won't need to go
shopping around and experimenting with new vendors.

Here's a note I sent to the LA Council about this, including the official
quote from Media Movers.