[LCP] dbt on scanf

Joaquim Duran Comas jdurancomas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:40:29 UTC 2008

> hi
>
> I am trying to creating a debugging program for arm-linux
> for that i got a debugging menu ;
>

> I have got 2 options
>
> 1)wait for 5 sec
> 2)Enter an option from menu
>

> i tried to implement this with a timer but it worked on pc(i dnt know
> how scanf exited without getting char ) but not worked in arm platform.
> Any solution

You should use 'select' or 'pselect'. They allow to monitorize a set
of file descriptors for input, output or exceptions. Another
parameters to these commands is a timeout paramemter, to indiate the
anount of time that the functions should be monitorizing the sets of
FD.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran