[LCP]memory clobbered before allocated block

Aaron Walker ka0ttic at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 22:19:02 UTC 2004

I am working on my first real project, a lightwight multi threaded http
server.  I have been using siege (a http regression testing/benchmarking
tool) to test it, and sometimes it'll serve a couple thousand requests
then dies with:

memory clobbered before allocated block

I tried running in gdb and get the same message with an additional:

Program exited with code 0177.

It seems to work sometimes and then not others.  For example, within the
course of writing this email, I've run it 5 times inside gdb resulting
in:

run 1: memory clobbered before allocated block (after serving 2100
requests)
run 2: run completed (served 137,532 requests)
run 3: pretty much the same as run 2
run 4: memory clobbered before allocated block (after 43,395 requests)
run 5: memory clobbered before allocated block (after 136,644 requests)

Anyone know what these mean?  How do I go about figuring out what is
causing it?

Thanks
--
Aaron Walker <ka0ttic at cfl.rr.com>