[LCP]statically linking argtable and other libraries

Christopher Baus christopher at baus.net
Wed Jul 14 03:01:01 UTC 2004

>> Have you considered reading the documentation?

FYI  I spent the entire weekend reading the libtool manual and trying to
figure out what the heck is going on with this NSS, glibc, gcc, Linux,
etc.  This is not a question a beginner would ask.  The documentation,
especially on the glibc side is sparce at best.  The linker spits out
strange warnings if you pass -static-all to libtool and call
gethostbyname() or other DNS functions.

Why is there mailing list here if you can't answer a question like this,
or at least point me the right direction?  It isn't like I am asking a
question on what char* is or something.

I came here has a last resort.  If this isn't the right mailing list what
is? glibc doesn't seem to have a public mailing list.  The closest is the
alpha mailing list.  The question involves three components of the gnu C
tool chain on linux.  Where do you suggest I post this question?

In fact I have a suggestion.  Since there is no traffic and you all are
too smart to answer questions on C development on linux, why don't you
just shut the list down, save others the hassle of subscribing and getting
lame responses like this.