[LCP]reg serial communication in linux.

David Lloyd dlloyd at microbits.com.au
Wed Oct 15 08:08:03 UTC 2003

James,

> With reference to this topic, do you know whether using CANONICAL data
> processing, and the serial device is a printer, the results will be
> displayed correctly? I mean, using canonical mode, transferring serial
> data to another computer works fine and all data are formatted as "clean"
> lines. Will transferring the same data (using canonical mode) to a
> printer, produce garbage data? I'm speaking of a general printer, since i
> don't know the details. What is the best thing, based from your
> experience? Thanks.

If I might butt in, I think you're saying:

 * In general does printing data to a serial printer using canonincal mode
   produce the expectd outcome [i.e. text or whatever you're printing]?

 * Is this the best way to print to serial printers?

But I'm not entirely sure (I can't quite understand the grammatical
structure or flow of your questions (:< )

DSL

--
Join the EducationaLinux Announcement List
 * http://educationalinux.adam.com.au/