[LCP]error while linking static library

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag Giridhar.Nag at ubinetics.co.in
Fri Jul 25 16:48:01 UTC 2003

mehul radheshyam choube wrote:
>>        -llibrary
>>                Use the library named library when linking. (C++
>>               programs often require `-lg++' for successful link­
>>               ing.)
>

>      i also tried with -l option but got the same error.

How did you try? what did you do?

When you pass "-lfoo -L../bar" options, the function from the
libfoo.a file present in the ../bar directory will be linked in.

	Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag        Giridhar.Nag(@t)ubinetics[.]co.in

Not throwing out the baby with the bath-water doesn't mean that
you cannot improve the system. I'm only arguing against stupid
people who think they need a revolution to improve - most real
improvements are evolutionary. - Linus Torvalds

an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics