[LCP]system funtion or fork or exec

Gonzalo Sanchez Gsanchez at roinetwork.com
Fri Feb 7 22:32:01 UTC 2003

Hi I am new in the linux world.  I've been trying to execute
the system function to execute the following code:

  uid = geteuid();
  return_value = system("ssh -N -f -L 7050:rmyserver:6565 myUser at myserver\n");

  return return_value;

The code works fine.  The problem with this is that I need to type my password to authenticate.  If everything goes well
then I have a ssh tunnel with port 7050 listening from 6565 from myserver.

I would like to know how can you append the password to return_value so that I dont have to type
the password, since this routine has to be automatic.

Please advice if there is any other better form to do it...or how append the password (of course that is not too secure)

thanks

gman