[LCP]dynamic IP address for Linux

Andrew Weaver Andrew.Weaver at tecnomen.fi
Sat May 4 10:23:05 UTC 2002

ifconfig doesn't cut it for you? It should allow you to set the IP address
of the i/face. You can use something like popen() or system() to execute it.
You will need to be running as root at the time so that may be against
installation rules (in which case I have no idea how you can do it). It also
raises some security issues so if you do use it, think about dropping the
root privilidges after configuring the card.

The actual ifconfig command should be something like: ifconfig i/face (eg
eth0) IP Address (eg 10.0.0.1).

Did you code it up and it doesn't work or what happened?