Re: [LCP]how to obtain a list of installed device drivers on a Linux box

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:18:22PM -0600, Shalabh_Sharma@Dell.com wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> Is there a system call or a shell command using which I could obtain a list
> of installed device drivers on a Linux box.

in general, no. what you could do is obtain a list of the loaded
kernel modules, which in some setups correspond to the list of
"installed device drivers". see the lsmod(1) utility for how to do
this.

if you elaborate on why you need this informtion, we might be able to
suggest a better way to achieve your goal.

hope this helps...
--
The ill-formed Orange
Fails to satisfy the eye:       http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/