RE: [LCP]Linux release

Title: RE: [LCP]Linux release

> but not what distribution you have.

What *distribution* ???
I assumed this was what was actually wanted.
There could be a vast number of distros around, and others popping
in every month. I can also have *no* distro. So what's the point ?
eg, my current system is SuSE, but I've changed it so knowing it's
a SuSE origin is probably not much help (I've changed some of the
/etc/rc.d files (SuSE puts there the bootup info, and this is non
standard place)).
I assume the needed info was the kernel version number.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h