RE: [LCP]print msword documents

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Vincent Penquerc'h wrote:

> > Yes, but that isn't what you asked.  You asked if it was
> > possible to print
> > MS Wurd documents in C, and you can.
>
> I think this is stretching it, as the original question was
> implying that one could have the source to it, not "yes, it's
> possible, MS has the source to such a program somewhere" :)
> If Word has a command line parameter to load a file, and another
> one to print it, it should be possible to have a C program that
> calls Wine, run Word with those parameters set right. But this
> is stretching it a bit too, as the C layer is just that, a thin
> layer.
> Oh well...

Assuming that your code is GPLed, then how about using wvWare?
http://wvware.sourceforge.net/

It's not perfect, but it's as good as you'll get on a non-MS system.

If you don't want to learn the API, then you can always fork/exec
something like wvPS to convert to Word to postscript and print that.

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Plugged In Software              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
http://www.PIsoftware.com        PGP Key available via finger

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")