[LCP]how to obtain a list of installed device drivers on a Li nux box

Luciano A. Stertz luciano at tteng.com.br
Wed Mar 27 18:32:05 UTC 2002

    The available device drivers are located on the /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ directory.
    The used/loaded device drivers can be seen thru the /proc/modules file, or with the
lsmod command. However, any device driver built-in on the kernel will not be shown. I have
no idea about how to discover what modules are running on the kernel. The tip is to look
the /proc/devices file. But many device drivers don't register any device...

    Sorry the bad english...

    Luciano