[LCP]gcc: case label does not reduce to an integer constant

Joachim Bauernberger bj at gmx.net
Fri Mar 22 09:01:05 UTC 2002

Can sombody kindly tell me why the above error happens when compiling
with gcc?

The code looks as follows:

typedef struct ctype_t
{
    short type;
} ctype_t;

extern const short CT_TEXT;
int foo(ctype_t *ct)
{

    switch (ct->type) {
        case CT_TEXT:
            break;
}

Many thanks,
Joachim

--
Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that: