[LCP]print msword documents

Joachim Bauernberger jbauernberger at gmx-ag.de
Mon Mar 11 17:44:21 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 22:40, you wrote:
| On 26 Feb 2002, mehul radheshyam choube wrote:
|
| > is it possible to print msword documents through a c
program(running on
| > linux)? if yes how? can anyone explain.
|
| Yes.  Read the Wurd doc and translate it into PostScript.  Then run it
| through a PostScript printer or Ghostscript to print it.
|
| The devil is, of course, in the detail.

???
I thought Word documents are binary and not translatable into other
formats by any other than M$-word??
(Of course there is StarOffice, etc but didn't they have to reverse
engineer in order to get where they are??)
But then I have never use M$-Word myself (only heard of people who know
somebody who supposedly have used it... :-))

Regards,
Joachim