[LCP]Larger programming tasks?

Marcin Jendrzejewski marcin at linhson.org.au
Fri Jun 28 14:41:06 UTC 2002

Hi,
I'm just curious what suggestions people have for a larger programming
task in C/C++.  I guess I'm aiming here for about 1000-2000 lines of
code.  The problem is that at the moment I've written programs that
although I found challenging in some respect (stacks/linked lists,
string parsing calculator, some various utilities to generate HTML (yeha
i know better in a scripting language instead of C, but it was more
interesting this way), they've all been kind of small.  I would like to
move up somewhat to say 1000-2000 lines of code and I'm just curious
what sort of programs people suggest for this.  I'd prefer it to be
console based since I haven't played around with Gtk/Qt much/at all.  So
what do people recommend ?
--Marcin Jendrzejewski