[LCP]Dynamic libraries and plugins

Vincent Penquerc'h Vincent.Penquerch at artworks.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 19:17:05 UTC 2002

> Then, as soon as you call dlopen on the file the whole thing will get
> mapped into memory, just the same as if you let it be
> automatically loaded
> with the program.  So there isn't any real savings there.

Except if you unload it afterwards, in which case the
different .so don't get loaded at the same time, so this
saves memory (provided there is no instance where all
are needed at the same time, of course).
But then again, I'm not too sure about the effects on
memory fragmentation this could have. Anyone ?

--
Vincent Penquerc'h