[LCP]register question

Matthew Sanderson matthew at DaMOO.csun.edu
Fri Nov 23 13:45:23 UTC 2001

O Linux C Gurus,

Can anyone confirm my suspicion, that egcs/gcc now totally ignore the
'register' keyword, and perform their own register allocation identically
whether or not it's there?

Neither the man page nor the info pages explain either way. I didn't yet
check the actual assembly that they generate.

--m@