[LCP]A doubt in Linux --- Please help

J.Saravanan saran at nimbus.tenet.res.in
Fri Jul 27 14:41:08 UTC 2001

Hi,

Take a look at the following file.
linux/net/ipv4/ipconfig.c under your source tree.
In this file you can hardcode the ip address for eth0.
The parameters to touch are..

u32 ic_myaddr __initdata = INADDR_NONE;         /* My IP address */
u32 ic_servaddr __initdata = INADDR_NONE;       /* Server IP address */
u32 ic_gateway __initdata = INADDR_NONE;        /* Gateway IP address */
u32 ic_netmask __initdata = INADDR_NONE;        /* Netmask for local
subnet */
int ic_set_manually __initdata = 0;             /* IPconfig parameters set
manually */

u32 root_server_addr __initdata = INADDR_NONE;          /* Address of boot
server */

Remove all INADDR_NONE and put apropriate ip address and toggle IPconfig
parameters flag above.
For ex. INADDR_NONE to be replace with 0x0000ffff for Netmask param.

Regards,
_Saran_