[LCP]is sys v or bsd..

Vincent Penquerc'h vincent at qubesoft.com
Thu Jul 19 19:35:31 UTC 2001

> My question is, how can I determine the race of my linux distribution.
> Is there any flag to check this.

I believe Linux has a more or less complete set of BSD compatible
syscalls.
Anyway, whatever distro you use will use the same kernel (well,
almost). The glue, tools, userland etc they add to this kernel won't
change it, so your system will be mostly system V whatever where
you got it, RedHat or SuSE or Debian or whoever.
Same goes for the *BSD, which derived all from the same BSD base.
Anyone knows which version of BSD btw ?

--
Lyrian