[Linux-aus] Vale Janet Hawtin Reid (@lucychili)

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Thu May 10 19:23:42 AEST 2018

Colleagues,

We must sadly inform the Linux Australia community that Janet Hawtin
Reid (@lucychili) passed away unexpectedly last week.

Janet had a strong influence on the South Australian and Adelaide Linux
and Free and Open Source Software communities. She was an important part
of LinuxSA, had volunteered with ComputerBankSA, and was a key part of
both LCA2004 and LCA2008 as well as SA BarCamp organising teams. She
served with the Linux Australia Council in 2007-2008, advocating for
representation of community contributions and helped to design the
famous 'penguin feet' logo.

She leaves a massive hole in the hearts of those who knew her.

Memorial details are below for those who may wish to attend; attendance
is welcome to all.

As a sign of respect for Janet, and to remember her tireless support for
Open Source in Australia, her name has been added to the linux.org.au
X-Clacks-Overhead HTTP header entry.

Our deepest condolences are with her partner Kim, her friends, family,
and open source community colleagues.

If you or anyone you know needs help, we urge you to contact:

  * Lifeline <http://www.lifeline.org.au/>on 13 11 14
  * Kids Helpline <http://www.kidshelp.com.au/>on 1800 551 800
  * MensLine Australia <http://www.mensline.org.au/Home.html>on 1300 789 978
  * Suicide Call Back Service
    <http://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/>on 1300 659 467
  * Beyond Blue <https://www.beyondblue.org.au/> on 1300 22 46 36
  * Headspace <https://headspace.org.au/> on 1800 650 890

Janet Hawtin Reid will be laid to rest at 2.15pm
Monday 14th May 2018
Acacia Chapel
Enfield Memorial Park,
Browning Street,
Clearview, South Australia
Simplicity Funerals

With kind regards,

The Linux Australia Council - Kathy, Cameron, Sae Ra, Russell, Hugh,
Cherie and James

--
Kathy Reid
President