[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Grant Application for Meetup Group Hardware

Linux Australia President president at linux.org.au
Mon Oct 16 16:08:17 AEDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay on responding to this Grant Request - we
approved it several weeks ago but I missed an action item in
communicating this.

Request for $350 from Wil Brown for WordCamp Sydney hardware
http://lists.linux.org.au/mailman/private/committee/2017-August/059111.html

(bringing to Council this week because the original grant request has
been bouncing around for a while b/w Tim Ansell and Wil Brown)

MOTIONby Kathy Reid that the Grant Request by Wil Brown for recording
hardware for WordCamp meetups be approved. Seconded by David. Carried
unanimously.

    ACTION: Kathy to follow-up

This grant request is approved.

Council noted in particular the strong willingness of the community to
collaborate on identifying and working toward an optimal solution, and
one which can be replicated for other groups.

In terms of providing the funds, Wil please let me know what works best
- if you are comfortable, we can reimburse based on receipts, or buy the
equipment for you and have forwarded to an address.

Kind regards,

Kathy

On 25/08/17 17:08, Wil Brown wrote:
> Date: August 25th, 2017
>
> Project Name: WordPress Sydney Audio Kit
>
> Aim of Project: To help record meetup presenter talks on to video
>
> Person Responsible for Request: Wil Brown
>
> Request:
> Based on an ongoing talk with Tim Ansell I would like to apply for a
> $351.00 grant to purchase a tripod, smart phone mount and wireless
> microphone system for our WordPress Sydney meetup events.
>
> The aim would be to publish presenter talks via YouTube to further
> engage with the WordPress and open source community as well as
> starting to understand the process of video and audio mixing at a
> budget level, hopefully to upscale it at a later date.  The kit will
> allow us to broadcast audio from a wireless lapel mic to a smartphone
> recording the video.
>
> The kit being purchased would be:
> 1 x ATF Clover Tripod $39
> https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/atf-clover-tripod#
> <https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/atf-clover-tripod#>
>
> 1 x Mobile Phone Tripod Mount $13
> https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/mobile-phone-tripod-mount#
> <https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/mobile-phone-tripod-mount#>
>
> 1 x Azden PRO-XD Digital Wireless Microphone System $299
> https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/azden-pro-xd-digital-wireless-microphone-system#
> <https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/azden-pro-xd-digital-wireless-microphone-system#>
>
> Kind regards,
> Wil.
>
> --
> Wil Brown
>
> *Web Developer, WordPress Consultant & Speaker
> **Zero Point Development** - We* ♥ *WordPress**
> *
> *
> *
> *Skype: DeveloperWil  m. 0423 526 829  p. +61 (0)2 809 13634*
> *
> *
> *zeropointdevelopment.com <http://zeropointdevelopment.com> |
> @DeveloperWil <https://twitter.com/DeveloperWil>*