[Linux-aus] Hardware problems

Ben Donohue donohueb at icafe.com.au
Fri May 12 18:08:53 AEST 2017

Great thanks for the advice.

That's why I thought I'd ask first.

I used to be in the slug mailing list but don't know where that went to.

Problem is I have a LSI hardware raid card. Its branded DELL Perc H310.
I have whitebox desktop.

The drive has 3 sata disks and is initialised in the hardware so there
is a single raid 5 volume. Looks good.

Go into Linux (mint 18.1) and do the following

lspci -vv | grep -i raid

03:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008
[Falcon] (rev 03)
     Subsystem: Dell MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]
     Kernel modules: megaraid_sas

So looks like Linux is recognising it.

Have installed megacli and storcli64.

but both of these LSI utilities cannot "see" any raid card.

gparted and etc partitioning tools can't see it either.

So a bit lost as to what to do next.

Would really like to know which mailing list to connect to, to get some
help.

Other reply back to me for distro mailing list is an idea but any other
thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Ben