[Linux-aus] Grant Application - A grant to Moe Menshed (about to start)

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Mar 25 18:04:47 AEDT 2017

On 25/03/2017 07:10, Paul Wayper wrote:

> On 24/03/17 16:36, Kathy Reid wrote:
>
>> Let's called it a BIKE-shed, because this is exactly what this is.
>
> I disagree.  I fully agree with Russell - if it's open to all people, call it
> a shed or a hackerspace or whatever.  I would not like to see Linux Australia--

Mens Shed is their Australia wide legal name, they are everywhere, I've
helped out a couple local ones myself when they needed some telco work
done, so your argument on what they call themselves is pointless, they
also aren't just a bunch of old blokes, there's teenagers as young as 16
involved.

> I would not like to see Linux Australia putting money toward something where women were excluded

So you objected a few years back when LA gave to the womens only thingy?
Dont recall your name saying as much.

All forms of gender/sex discrimination is wrong, but when you do, you
cant play favorites, all sides are to be treated and considered without
the "gender only" consideration - unless you want to appear  before the
federal court to explain your actions if a rejection is challenged :)