[Linux-aus] Ballarat Hackerspace reporting in - Women's Wednesdays milestone 2 complete

Robert Layton robert at ballarathackerspace.org.au
Sat Jul 29 22:35:16 AEST 2017

Checking in again for milestone 2 for our Women's Wednesdays - success!

Kim has completed delivery of the Raspberry Pi course. We had 10 regulars,
with some coming and going, with a few drop-ins. Additionally, this had led
to an increase in women and girls dropping in at other times too.

Now, for the exciting part:

Success Measure #1: Having 10 women undertake the workshop - complete
Success Measure #2: Women membership percentage at *20% - SUCCESS*

For those interested, we have 19 active members, 4 of whom are women.

Obviously, this is hugely exciting for us, and now we will work on
increasing overall membership numbers while maintaining this percentage or
higher.

The Prusas are due to arrive soon. We will probably hold off on this part
of the course anyway, as there are still some things from the Raspberry Pi
night to work through, but the 3d printing building will commence soon.

Next update is in about 6 weeks, after we are printing things out!