[Linux-aus] Wanted: HTML5 video support for BigBlueButton (A shout-out to all HTML5 and video wizards!)

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Fri Nov 11 10:42:17 AEDT 2016

Hi Arjen,
Does BigBlueButton have a dev roadmap or onboarding process at all? How
is their development managed?
It might be useful to know for anyone keen on assisting.
Kind regards, Kathy

On 10/11/2016 10:57 AM, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi all
>
> A shout-out to all HTML5 and video wizards!
>
> BigBlueButton is an online learning system, roughly an Open Source competitor to Blackboard Collaborate/Eluminate.
>
> It works really well, but historically it's had a nasty Flash dependency to do its audio/video.
> There is an HTML5 client that now has the audio sorted in clean HTML5 fashion.
> However, the camera/video is not yet done.
>
> http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/html/html5-overview.html
>
> https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/tree/master/bigbluebutton-html5
>
> Surely it can't be that hard?
>

>  From my end, I have a working BBB installation and am happy to let you test html5 client stuff on it.
>
> Regards,
> Arjen.

Kathy Reid
Independent digital consultant
        email: kathy at kathyreid.id.au
       mobile: 0418 130 636
      twitter: @kathyreid
        video: https://zoom.us/j/3384470933
         blog: http://blog.kathyreid.id.au
     linkedin: https://au.linkedin.com/in/kathyreid
     calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=www.kathyreid.id.au%40gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney
            Ƀ: bitcoin:14pXC2GzccgqcWBnWhDZnu6KNopS824kPE