[Linux-aus] VPAC etc

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Jun 20 19:37:11 AEST 2016

On 07/06/2016 15:32, David Bell wrote:

> The key word was "material". No pay, no goodies, no freebies.
>
> I understand thoroughly the intangible benefits of volunteering, I'm totally hooked by them.
> Emails such as Noel's make me question my commitment to this community.

If you are a lazy person that takes several months to move your gear,
maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself that question. I
spend around 20 hours a week volunteering for a local community
organisation, I take the same approach to it that I do in my commercial
world, the day I get up and question that commitment is the day I need
to leave it to someone else with the commitment.

Volunteering requires a level of commitment...

Harsh words? Maybe, but I don't live under a rock, don't expect someone
else has it in hand, dont go round with fingers in my ears or walk on
cotton friggin wool :)

--

 		If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you
best first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/