[Linux-aus] Re-igniting the Membership Committee

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Wed Jun 1 14:24:47 AEST 2016

Anthony Towns <aj at erisian.com.au> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:09:06PM +1100, Kathy Reid wrote:
>> The current MemberDB has *broken* functionality in the following ways:
>
> Other misfeatures:
>
>  * The election system doesn't handle ties (as we've seen this
>  election)

This is totally my fault. I remember getting to that scenario when
coding and just going "well, no idea what *should* happen - we'll jump
off that bridge when we come to it" - turns out I was fine for about 12
years :)

>  * At least historically, the election system wasn't really terribly
>    secure against local attacks; but maybe that's been fixed

Not really. Access to database lets you change anything without really
any auditable audit trail. Not sure that's a huge problem though?